Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2016

EPI A70 Speakers

The second time I have had this wonderful little speaker from EPI, the EPI A70. The first pair I had was a earlier version of this speaker the EPI 70C. 



This pair was pretty mint for its' vintage and had been re foamed already by Peter at A-Tech Electronics locally. This is the last in the line up of the inverted dome EPI speakers before they went to the Time/Energy series.

I will replace the original 10uf cap inside with a Solen cap along with upgrading the internal speaker wire and I will add 5 way binding posts.

As with all EPI products before the T/E series, these are well built with matching woofer tweeter combination that requires very little in the crossover design. These EPI's along with the 100's are among my favorite bookshelf speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment