Translate

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Dual CL490 Speakers

Another pair of Dual speakers crossed my path this week, the Dual CL490. This is the bigger brother to the Dual CL390's that I have had for a few years now.

The Dual CL490's use Braun woofers, the unmistakable Braun mid range dome and Braun tweeters.

This pair had one of the woofers replaced along the way.




I have yet to audition these speakers as the man cave is a little chock full of  other speakers presently, once I make some room these will find their way in.


9 comments:

  1. Hi, did you ever have a chance to audition the 490's? Very curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. Great sounding speakers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Which model Braun speakers would you compare them to?

      Delete
  3. Have you been able to audition these speakers yet? I can't find any info on these speakers online; I'm curious how they compare to ads/braun speakers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do they compare with Braun speakers? Which model would you say is the closest comparable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorites were the Braun L1030 and the NAD model 30's, both of which had 10" woofers. I never really got a proper audition on these speakers due to the mismatched woofers. Subsequently I sold them off.

      Delete
  5. Thanks. That's too bad--it seems there isn't any info on these online. But I'm assuming they're at least similar to the 390's that you've already reviewed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the same mid and high frequency signature, just a bit more bass from the 12 inch woofers.

      If you have a pair or are considering a pair, go for it..

      Delete