Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tannoy C-6

I scored a pair of Tannoy C-6 speakers today at a local thrift store that had rotted surrounds.

These little guys were made by API and sport the Vifa TD19 tweeters.

I have a pair of spare set of 6 1/2 inch woofers that came in these EPI C70 that I also scored at the same thrift store. The woofers from the EPI were replacements and for the EPI the throw of the woofer was insufficient for adequate bass response.

Since the Tannoy is ported i figured these woofers would work better for this speaker than the EPI.

I have hooked them up and they image quite nice but lack bass response for my big room.










1 comment:

  1. Any idea of the resistance in ohms of these Tannoy C6's? Are they 8 ohms? I have a pair and they are apparently made in Canada. I bought them new in a now defunct stereo shop in Calgary Alberta. Let me know if you know the answer please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete